There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Powerhouse company dominates database and middleware, competes strongly in apps

Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA
Current Employee - Director in Redwood Shores, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent exposure to a wide range of key technologies, smart coworkers hired from top schools, connections that will serve you well throughout your career. Competitive benefits and perks like an on-site fully-equipped gym, great food at cheap prices in several on-campus cafes.

Cons

Big company, compensation will lag over time, you need to keep moving around to grow.

Mostly doing a great job.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to get some experience

Current Employee - Systems Administrator
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Health and dental benefits. Occasional team lunches.

Cons

I have worked for Oracle just under two years. In that time, management has changed several times. The first manager allowed us to work up to 10 hours a week OT if we wanted. As I work in a datacenter there is always work to do. Next manager pretty much said no OT period. From what I hear, Oracle doesn't give raises. I haven't received a raise even thought I have received a promotion.

2. Good company, smart people, fast-paced culture

Current Employee - Consulting Member of the Technical Staff in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Consulting Member of the Technical Staff in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Iracke (especially product development) is full of driven, results-oriented, type A people. If you're looking to grow your career and work hard, Oracle is the place for you.

Cons

If you're timid, easily offended, or not smart, Oracle is not the place for you!

Improve the internal applications. They make doing routine administrative tasks (e.g. performance appraisals, virtual training, approving new hires, etc) really annoying.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle