Oracle
3.3 of 5 5,193 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Great work-life balance; bellow market pay, expensive benefits and almost bonusless

Software Developer V (Current Employee)
Redwood Shores, CA

ProsGreat work environment, great work-life balance, can work from home, no overtime, low pressure, teammates are usually great, lots of different opportunities to work with multiple technologies and products, offers a lot to learn.

ConsPay is usually way bellow market average, health benefits are very good but expensive, hardly any cash bonus, no stock units (only options), HR is almost useless.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow average market pay more closely to keep and attract the best professionals.

Terrible pay, excellent security

Software Developer III (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - Job security - Good benefits - Exciting technologies in various fields - Coworkers from… Cons: - Terrible pay; I've seen other experienced developers making $35K/year or less. - Not very much room… Advice to Senior Management: Pay your employees what they're worth and they might stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Micro-managing company who does not pay their employee's commissions correctly

Senior Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Reston, VA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some of the best sales training around. Extensive class on negotiating, cold calling, leaving voice messages, etc.. Oracle Direct (inside sales group) does recognize… Cons: Starting salary is low. I took a $20K pay cut to work here only before the OTE were greater. This was fine for awhile but… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micro-managing your employees, this is part of the reason… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.