Oracle

www.oracle.com
  www.oracle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Good solutions; poor marketing.

Current Employee - Vice President
Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

We're acquiring some of the best-in-breed software and are serious about tying them together to form best-in-class industry solutions. It's the Cisco model applied to software, and thanks to SOA, it's working. For people who have been acquired, the pace can seem slower, but if you can correctly leverage the huge sales force and pipeline, there is a huge customer base that you can sell to.

Cons

Larry's hatred of Microsoft means we have to avoid their stuff wherever possible. We don't use Exchange servers, and our email system is clumsy and painful. We seem to rewrite even basic applications for internal use - why are we using "Oracle Chat" when there are at least ten good alternatives already out there? Comp is on the low side, but they do give out options.

Invest some money in marketing your products! It's galling to see SAP's ads touting software that's nowhere as good as ours when we're not saying anything in return.

6187 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Working for Oracle Financial Services as a Mantas Sales consultant is pretty good.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for Oracle FS is the flexibility and oppurtunities that such a large company brings. Within such a large company there are a number of oppertunities within Oracle. Affter getting aquired by Oracle, there hands off management (at my level) has been a positive.

Cons

One of the downsides to working for Oracle FS is the internal policies and precedures (althought nessicary) sometimes being a pain to deal with.

Hire more product managers to support sales and presales.

Good balanced work

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Good work life balance. Great people to work with

Cons

Old technologies. Not fast enough to embrace new technologies. Very large corporation

Faster adoption of new technologies and opportunities

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle