Oracle

www.oracle.com

No real career path available.

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Broomfield, CO

ProsLarge company, well known software as well as hardware (Sun Microsystems acquisition). Vast array of technologies to play with.

ConsNo real opportunity for advancement. Pay is below standard. I interviewed for many open internal positions and got accepted only to be told that I could not get a pay raise or pay grade change. Example: Applied for Sys admin 4 position, aced the interview and was the number 1 pick out of the other interviewees; Was offered the position at a much lower pay grade. They would rather bring in someone from the outside and pay them more than promote someone from within. It's business that makes no sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow internal advancement to higher recs. I interviewed for many open internal recs and got accepted only to be told that I could not accept the paygrade offer. Basically they wanted me to move into a Sys Admin 4 position but accept the same pay as my lower paygrade.

Na

Senior Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) Itasca, IL

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: People that you work with are good Cons: Not very good about training No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It is OK.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some good engineers and lot of projects to work on. Cons: A lot of legacy code. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!