There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Interesting....

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant  in  Reston, VA
Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Reston, VA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The experience of working for a world renowned corporation.

Cons

Unfortunately, I worked on a team that most of the team members (team leads and managerial level) came from the same former company and most of these folks lived in the same city. It was like the good ole' boy or 'inner circle' or 'in crowd' system. If you did not come from their former company, then you were never considered to be worthy and your input was disregarded. Also, some of the managers did not have the proper managerial skills to manager this particular project or the customer relations. As one of the managers told the customer...." I have bigger fish to fry". This was totally inappropriate to say to a customer!

I don't think this is indicative of the 'overall' Oracle experience. I think if I had worked in another BU of Oracle, I would have had a more rewarding experience.

Be selective of placing former co-workers on the same team as it smacks of nepotism.

5673 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

software engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer II  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

it is stable. Benefits are not bad. Most of groups have less workload. It is a good place for people who like stability and less work.

Cons

No Salary raise even if you got promoted. No bonus. The politics are pretty severe.
    Many managers are no technical oriented.

please raise the salary~!!

Have been looking to leave for sometime

Current Employee - Technical Manager  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Exposure to large ERP projects, contemporary J2EE design patterns, prestige of working at a once great world class company.

Cons

Too many mid level managers, who do very little other than work bureaucratic channels, if I asked them what a Singelton was, I doubt they would know.

Become more aware of what employees are doing, and be able to contribute at the same level as those who are out on the field.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!