There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Its ok if you know why you are here

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and a good starting salary

Cons

Absolutely no employee recognition, Large chunks of workers have been going without a raise for many years

Set up a working employee recognition system.

5740 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Interesting....

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Reston, VA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The experience of working for a world renowned corporation.

Cons

Unfortunately, I worked on a team that most of the team members (team leads and managerial level) came from the same former company and most of these folks lived in the same city. It was like the good ole' boy or 'inner circle' or 'in crowd' system. If you did not come from their former company, then you were never considered to be worthy and your input was disregarded. Also, some of the managers did not have the proper managerial skills to manager this particular project or the customer relations. As one of the managers told the customer...." I have bigger fish to fry". This was totally inappropriate to say to a customer!

I don't think this is indicative of the 'overall' Oracle experience. I think if I had worked in another BU of Oracle, I would have had a more rewarding experience.

Be selective of placing former co-workers on the same team as it smacks of nepotism.

A Machine Optimized at the lowest common denominator

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Oracle for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits! Some of the best benefits I have had from a company (health, insurance) and decent pay for mid-level professionals.

Cons

Varies by BU and department, but generally the culture is such that 25% of your time is spent on non-productive issues (getting a PO takes 3-6 weeks, HR req for new headcount, etc.) I look around and most people are gone by 3pm everyday and noon on Fridays. 80% of the work is accomplished by 20% of the people...the other 80% are the ones that leave at 3pm everyday. In short, if you want a job, this is a good opportunity. However, if you want a stimulating career, you should look elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!