Oracle

www.oracle.com

The biggest... the best?

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsVirtual work is a valuable commodity. Support from other colleagues (in my group and extended teams) is very good. Encyclopedia of information available online. Course work available. Oracle embraces good core values.

ConsNo raises... and attrition on the rise, you are losing top talent. Appreciate and reward your employees. Even more important, listen to what the employees say they need in order to be more productive, especially since there are fewer personnel doing far more work. Cumbersome, complicated, and confusing websites for employees does not help them get the resources/information they need in a timely manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the CEO gave himself a raise, then the hard working employees deserve some recognition as well. There were 'silent' raises given out to a chosen few (as employees do talk to each other), but management denies this. Step out of the box and try products that you did 'not' acquire through Mergers and Acquisitions. You have to keep up with the (internet) times, and it's difficult to 'dig a ditch with a cocktail spoon.' Invest in tools to assist employees and not slow them down. With the lean support staff (and getting leaner), we need state-of-the-art, efficiency and agility from upper management to keep up with the times.

Cutting edge technical work, behind a boring appearance

Very Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The core technical division is populated with first-rate developers and some far-seeing computer scientists. The technical problems are as difficult as they come and the… Cons: The main product is a winner in its class and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

You have to fight for everything.

Senior Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Advancement opportunities exist for those willing to take control of their destiny. It is… Cons: Loyalty is not rewarded with salary adjustments unless you really work your boss, get another job offer that can be countered,… Advice to Senior Management: Open up those purse strings. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!