One of the best company to work with.

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Oracle has best work culture.

Cons

Long process to get recruited

Other Reviews for Oracle

loved working there i miss it everyday

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

Flexible, no micro management, friendly atmosphere

Cons

salary and bonus are not fair

Lame culture, overbearing manager, and faking phone stats?!

Former Employee - Oracle Direct- Inside Sales  in  Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Oracle Direct- Inside Sales in Burlington, MA

I worked at Oracle full-time for more than a year

Pros

The money was good, when one person on a sales team closed a sale, everyone got paid. So it was ridiculous (but good for me) that I was getting paid on deals I had no idea even closed. Was able to easily earn six figures, but most of it came in the summer time, after Oracle's Q4 ends in May.

Cons

The management made it unbearable. There was so much corp red tape, bureaucracy and cronyism it was nuts. Probably the worst part was the fake phone calls. Everyone on the sales floor did it too, and even management, who was promoted up from the ranks, knew all the phone stats were fake. There's no way one person can make 225 calls per week into a limited base of only 15 core companies, but that's what all Oracle Direct (Inside Sales) reps are required to do. The job is more of a glorified order taking job, rather than a true hunter position. I finished #2 for FY09, but nonetheless my manager put me on Sales Improvement Plan within weeks of that, simply because my summer pipeline was weak and fake stats were low. Pathetic management there drives out good talent over cronyism.

Get real! The fake phone stats should go away and reps should be measured on results, not fake weekly stats.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!