Some good, some bad, pretty much like everywhere...

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Remote, OR
Current Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Most of my work is remote and remote workers are supported well. I have good team members on my projects, almost 100% of them are motivated to do the right things. I don't need the medical benefits (I use my spouse's) so I actually get a credit $$ amount in each paycheck. Nice 401K match. Lots of training available online.

Cons

No salary increase companywide in 2013. Bonus amounts - management does not ever share how they are calculated. I never have any idea what I will get. I know several people who have gotten promoted with no salary increase just so they wouldn't leave.

Reward good performance with salary increases. Don't use salary increases/promotions as a retention tool when someone threatens to leave.

Other Reviews for Oracle

Stable Job but no Growth

Current Employee - Principal Technical Support Engineer  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Principal Technical Support Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Oracle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexibility is here but in the summer policies are changing. The job is stable and people who are working have been generally here 10+ years.

Cons

Absolutely no growth opportunity to move across groups or change in Pay. Very few raises if any. Literally have to wait for someone to retire or quit for promotions. Even grade changes provides no significant pay bump.

Provide raises.

Proposal manager sheparding sales team to organize, write, format and submit software proposals.

Former Employee - Proposal Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Proposal Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Oracle as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Very professional in all aspects: co-workers, clients (sales teams), management, corporate information needed is well organized. Was able to work from home in inclement weather. I am so impressed with this company that I bought stock after I left.

Cons

I really have no cons about this position. I was sorry that my department could not get an extension for my contract. It started at 6 months and was renewed twice, but no further authorization was available.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!