Oracle

www.oracle.com
  www.oracle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Great experience - but not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Principal Solutions Consultant in Remote, OR
Current Employee - Principal Solutions Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You would be hard pressed to find a technology company with more to offer, more to learn from.

Cons

Promotions do not come easy.

Continue to embrace the cloud and accelerate that growth. Remove pillars and build cohesion across products and technologies.

6190 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Hardest job but best Job, ever!! Its not for everyone!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large customer base. Lots of products to sell and tons of training. Great for your resume. Opens doors and lots of opportunity to move around and up the ladder if you perform well.

Cons

Your success will be based on three buckets. Territory, Timing, and Talent.. In that order! Most selling in Oracle Direct is tactical and transnational. Not to many value selling opportunities. Lots of turnover at all levels. If you blow it out one year comp plan will adjust.. You will not beat the house twice...

I've had the pleasure of working with 4 managers during my time here. Myself and my team have performed considerably better(banner years) with the managers that treated the team as adults and with respect. Let you run your own business.

Harping over call stats may be good for Pre-sales/Business Development reps but we are sales professionals. If you want a good finger on the business look at pipeline and number of customer meetings setup. Most of the sales process and interaction is happening over email anyway so your call stats are doing nothing more than creating bad analytic's for upper management.

Great work life balance.

Current Employee - Software Architect
    Current Employee - Software Architect

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The product line is great. Though I wouldn't say there is lot of in-house innovation, Oracle acquires the right product. The execution of the management is in the right direction to take the company to next level in the everything cloud era.

Cons

Very slow pace. Hard to find any urgency in bringing the product to market on time.

Reduce the process around product delivery and improve the product turn around from several months to with in a month. Adopt latest trend in product delivery.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle