Oracle

www.oracle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Great experience - but not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Principal Solutions Consultant in Remote, OR
Current Employee - Principal Solutions Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You would be hard pressed to find a technology company with more to offer, more to learn from.

Cons

Promotions do not come easy.

Continue to embrace the cloud and accelerate that growth. Remove pillars and build cohesion across products and technologies.

6437 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

One of the best organization to work for

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

very stable job, good benefits, management is very competent, plenty of chances to innovate and grow, flexible working hours, good atmosphere, friendly coworkers

Cons

too many levels of approvals required to get things done, interview process is not very strict so sometime incompetent people gets in and slows everyone down

Hardest job but best Job, ever!! Its not for everyone!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Large customer base. Lots of products to sell and tons of training. Great for your resume. Opens doors and lots of opportunity to move around and up the ladder if you perform well.

Cons

Your success will be based on three buckets. Territory, Timing, and Talent.. In that order! Most selling in Oracle Direct is tactical and transnational. Not to many value selling opportunities. Lots of turnover at all levels. If you blow it out one year comp plan will adjust.. You will not beat the house twice...

I've had the pleasure of working with 4 managers during my time here. Myself and my team have performed considerably better(banner years) with the managers that treated the team as adults and with respect. Let you run your own business.

Harping over call stats may be good for Pre-sales/Business Development reps but we are sales professionals. If you want a good finger on the business look at pipeline and number of customer meetings setup. Most of the sales process and interaction is happening over email anyway so your call stats are doing nothing more than creating bad analytic's for upper management.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle