There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Great experience - but not for the faint of heart

Current Employee - Principal Solutions Consultant in Remote, OR
Current Employee - Principal Solutions Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You would be hard pressed to find a technology company with more to offer, more to learn from.

Cons

Promotions do not come easy.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace the cloud and accelerate that growth. Remove pillars and build cohesion across products and technologies.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good work-life balance, benefits, but very limited salary adjustments and promotions, especially in the US.

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good work-life balance, flexible working hours, laid-back management style, challenging work, good benefits, smart people to work with, flexible time-off policies

Cons

Limited promotion, stagnant compensation, only higher ups benefit from stock buybacks since it pads their stock options, which most regular employees do not get. Capped vacation days at 18 days forever. Only 7 observed holidays. Quite a few employees are likely not reporting vacation days due to the low number given by the company.

Advice to Management

Promote the good people so that they stay and the expertise does not walk out the door. Adjust compensation to account for, at least, cost of living adjustments. Consider increasing vacation days to, at least, an additional 5 days especially considering observed holidays is on the low side. Hire more people in the US instead of outsourcing. US employees pay US taxes and contribute to US economy.

2. Project Leader

Former Employee - Project Leader
    Former Employee - Project Leader

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Human Capital Management - world class, highly transparent and friendly. They teach you that your Manager is your HR Manager to make fully immersed in the teamwork environment and cultivate strong bond with the team. But when it comes to heart talk and contingencies you can fully confine in your HR and they make you feel taken care of like at home. I have loved working for Oracle as a worthy employer - the first and greatest reason for that is my on-boarding process at Oracle, they rare and enlightening meetings with HR and the grace with which they bid adieu to you. It was unique when I was walking out of their doors I had a proud feeling of trust and shared values that were saying to me that I will never mind coming back to this employer or enabling a 100 more people join them for a meaningful workplace experience.

Cons

Management needs to grow up to their highly qualified talent's career expectations. Need to be more open and liberal to embrace individual aspirations. Good thing is that Oracle as a giant and well structured organization has a broad scope for allowing horizontal movements and often times it is more about lateral moves than about the vertical progression. The HR is cognizant of the advantages of letting employees thrive on opportunities, however the management creates undue barriers.