Oracle

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Very comfortable work environment

Current Employee - Software Developer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Software Developer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly easy going work environment. Unlimited sick days. Opportunity for telecommuting. Cheap bus pass. There are many great things about working for Oracle.

Cons

The pay is not the best and there is no guarantee of a salary bump every year. Even if your business group did very well, if other areas of the company did poorly it can affect your compensation.

6186 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Project Leader

Former Employee - Project Leader
    Former Employee - Project Leader

I worked at Oracle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Human Capital Management - world class, highly transparent and friendly. They teach you that your Manager is your HR Manager to make fully immersed in the teamwork environment and cultivate strong bond with the team. But when it comes to heart talk and contingencies you can fully confine in your HR and they make you feel taken care of like at home.
    I have loved working for Oracle as a worthy employer - the first and greatest reason for that is my on-boarding process at Oracle, they rare and enlightening meetings with HR and the grace with which they bid adieu to you. It was unique when I was walking out of their doors I had a proud feeling of trust and shared values that were saying to me that I will never mind coming back to this employer or enabling a 100 more people join them for a meaningful workplace experience.

Cons

Management needs to grow up to their highly qualified talent's career expectations. Need to be more open and liberal to embrace individual aspirations. Good thing is that Oracle as a giant and well structured organization has a broad scope for allowing horizontal movements and often times it is more about lateral moves than about the vertical progression. The HR is cognizant of the advantages of letting employees thrive on opportunities, however the management creates undue barriers.

Developer

I have been working at Oracle full-time

Pros

It is a very Good company

Cons

Not seen any in my tenure.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle