Very comfortable work environment

Current Employee - Software Developer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Software Developer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Mostly easy going work environment. Unlimited sick days. Opportunity for telecommuting. Cheap bus pass. There are many great things about working for Oracle.

Cons

The pay is not the best and there is no guarantee of a salary bump every year. Even if your business group did very well, if other areas of the company did poorly it can affect your compensation.

Other Employee Reviews for Oracle

1. Project Leader

Former Employee - Project Leader
    Former Employee - Project Leader

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Human Capital Management - world class, highly transparent and friendly. They teach you that your Manager is your HR Manager to make fully immersed in the teamwork environment and cultivate strong bond with the team. But when it comes to heart talk and contingencies you can fully confine in your HR and they make you feel taken care of like at home. I have loved working for Oracle as a worthy employer - the first and greatest reason for that is my on-boarding process at Oracle, they rare and enlightening meetings with HR and the grace with which they bid adieu to you. It was unique when I was walking out of their doors I had a proud feeling of trust and shared values that were saying to me that I will never mind coming back to this employer or enabling a 100 more people join them for a meaningful workplace experience.

Cons

Management needs to grow up to their highly qualified talent's career expectations. Need to be more open and liberal to embrace individual aspirations. Good thing is that Oracle as a giant and well structured organization has a broad scope for allowing horizontal movements and often times it is more about lateral moves than about the vertical progression. The HR is cognizant of the advantages of letting employees thrive on opportunities, however the management creates undue barriers.

2. just a number

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you can learn a lot about technology based on huge portfolio of products. good challenge with large, complex customers to manage. develops team building, as you need this to be successful overcoming issues with sales model that has too many reps and too little accountability

Cons

worst processes and systems, and shockingly no useful apps or database to help manage customers (all email and tribal knowledge). too many competing interests with 20+ field /SC/Inside resources assigned to top accounts. if they can screw you out of money they will.

Advice to Management

take better care of your employees. don't be penny wise and pound foolish.