Oracle

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

A good place to work

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great team, solid company. Very creative, interesting people. Very supportive upper management. Lots of opportunity to make a impact on the work you do. Intense work environment but a good work life balance. Can work from home often

Cons

Raises are rare, fairly structured environment. Very little training. Sink or swim culture. Can be a tough place if you are not self motivated. Lots of layers of red tape to get some basic things accomplished

More room for advancement would help keep the good people here a lot longer no one really wants to leave but they leave for a better salary

6187 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity, but

Former Employee - Applications Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Applications Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Oracle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The technology and the people to work with are great. They have a great story to tell their customers about their product offerings. They also offer great benefits.

Cons

Many times you are competing against another Oracle employee for the same business. Because of continuous acquisitions, the company has offerings that directly compete which are sold by different reps. They let the Sales Reps "duke it out". In reality whoever has the best relationship with the customer will ultimately win. Also, their internal process to get an order booked are PAINFUL and feel like order prevention.

Difficult to be successful with work-life balance. Long days, lots of travel, and not effective business development for leads - I did a lot of cold calling.

Eight months at Oracle

Former Employee - IT Manager in Redwood Shores, CA
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Redwood Shores, CA

I worked at Oracle full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Like a lot of people I came to Oracle as part of an acquisition. Folks in Product Engineering seemed happiest and liked their teams. Lots of interesting technology to play with. Company makes money. If you can find a good manager and team, it can be a good place to work.

Cons

Very political and hierarchical, people look up your position and decide whether you are important enough to pay attention to. Things are done by firedrill, communication between teams not always good - you get little warning and expected to drop everything.

I didn't appreciate being flamed on an email by a director when I had the temerity to ask about a backup plan in case a project went south. Seemed way over the top and unnecessary (just tell me that the project has to go out no matter what). That experience was one of the reasons I left.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle