Oracle

www.oracle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oracle

Oracle provides outstanding benefits, a comortable work environment and rewards top performers.

Current Employee - Senior Principal Applications Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Great benefits. It pays to work hard. If you work hard enough to be in the top 10-20% of your group or organization it is almost always rewarded with a decent bonus, stock options or merit increase. Oracle rarely has layoffs, unless of course your company was just purchased by them. I have never feared for my job.

Cons

Depending on the project, the extra hours can start to add up quickly. Some senior management only manage up and don't pay enough attention underneath them. The company has grown so much it can sometimes be complicated to work with other organizations.

Hold meetings quarterly or bi-yearly with your entire organization. Executive Vice president Juergen Rottler does an excellent job with this, but some of his direct reports either don't do it at all or do it poorly.

6349 Other Employee Reviews for Oracle (View Most Recent)

Avoid if you can but not a lot of better options.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Pretty stable company, one could argue enterprise software is one of the more resilient markets toward economic downturns. Many of the best products in the market are owned by Oracle including PeopleSoft and Hyperion.

Cons

Bureaucratic nightmare. Literally 5 tiers of management within the inside sales organization alone! Selling the value of our software to customers is the easy part, dealing with Oracle is the hard part. We constantly feel slighted and many decisions from senior management impact our ability to do our job and earn a living.

Flatten the organization!!!
    Invest the time and money to clean customer data.
    Invest the time and money to create better work flow.

Kind of like selling cars minus the slicked back hair and gold chains.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Biggest software company in the Bay Area. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. Good opportunity to build a professional network, as turnover is extremely high. If you have not moved up after 2 years, move out.

Cons

Process, process, process. Nothing gets done without permission. Morale is extremely low. The vast majority of people do not like their jobs. Like most large public companies, if you are promoted here your compensation can only go up by a small percentage, meaning brand new employees are always paid more than veterans.

Cut out some layers. You don't need managers managing managers x10. Communicate changes more effectively instead of waiting for staff to find out on their own.

There are newer employer reviews for Oracle