Oracle
3.3 of 5 5,196 reviews
www.oracle.com Redwood City, CA 5000+ Employees

Demonstrate, adapt, make right friends and be happy.

Software Development Manager (Current Employee)
Redwood City, CA

Pros- Software powerhouse, opportunity to work with various technologies
- Stability, global diversification
- Focus towards product and customers
- Great sales team
- Good employee benefits
- Work-life balance (good company to raise family with)
- Management is usually supportive of lateral transitions within the groups (e.g. from Manager to individual contributor and vice-versa)
- Good gym
- Has potential for growth

Cons- One should always join the current firefight - Oracle has plenty - if one needs management attention. Sound workers should have made the choice to stay on without being noticed or appreciated.
- Technology focused, management sees no value of professional degrees, like MBAs, MS etc., once you start working at Oracle. Though most manager will support the partial time-off required to do part-time studies.
- Oracle does not tap into excellent social networks its employees are exposed to. (this choice is partly due to stricter security standards)
- There are plenty of re-orgs and it can get pretty turbulent in some groups due to various acquisitions in past and possibly in future. So, if one is joining now, stay adaptive and embrace the change. You may see multiple managers in coming years.

Advice to Senior Management- Value your 80% bottom workers, not just top 20%. They are keeping the bottom line cost under control and giving predictable output.
- When you distribute award to most visible person who manages to fight off escalation, also give award to a person who keeps things under control.
- Create more employee harmony and team events. Due to limited opportunity of growth, there is a lot of internal politics and back-biting among mid managers or among people who are management hopefuls.
- Due to acquisition based innovation the drive to write white-papers, doing something cool, experimenting is going away. Bring it back. When we are done buying everybody possible, it will be time to find internal ability to innovate.

Good working environment, flexible work schedules, and an exciting product/service offering that won't have you snoring.

Orlando, FL

I have been working at Oracle

Pros: Oracle provides solid benefits. The work schedule is flexible but can be demanding as we work in a global community. They are also… Cons: HR policies and practices are very dark and secretive...although benefits are solid, salary, bonuses and promotions are not handled properly leaving some disgruntled employees. … Advice to Senior Management: Show you value employees through your actions. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

oracle is a good company to work for

Senior Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Oracle

Pros: it offers higher position compared to other competitor, such as big 4. I have just jointed, so I will have to make up for the… Cons: I asked for too little. seems they can pay more,… Advice to Senior Management: they are good. i definitely feel they are open minded,… More
There are newer reviews on Oracle.

Worked for Oracle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oracle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oracle CEO Larry Ellison. All reviews posted anonymously by Oracle employees.