There are newer employer reviews for Oral Roberts University

Student IT Helpdesk Work Study is a great place to study and work.

Current Employee - Student IT Help Desk (Work Study)  in  Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - Student IT Help Desk (Work Study) in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Oral Roberts University as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Working in the computer lab gave me great access to information via Internet.
Provided me with the opportunity to use my Computer Science skills.
Developed my communication skills while dealing with customer issues.

Cons

The work study cap on the hours does not allow for that much money.
Customers are often computer illiterate.
The lab is kept rather cold because of the CPU temperature.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Oral Roberts University (View Most Recent)

ORU

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Oral Roberts University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture and people truly make the difference working at ORU

Cons

It will be 5-10 years before they can pay people what they are actually worth at most non C-Level positions.

A wonderful clean environment in which to grow.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Oral Roberts University

Pros

Wonderful quality people to work with and management that cares. The professors really care for their students and strive to help them with life decisions. It's a nice campus with some architectually interesting buildings. It tends to attract those willing to sign the honor codes, which makes for more quality employees and a nicer and cleaner environment. They also offer college benefits... the percentage increases with years employed. The University is quite the benefit to the city of Tulsa as well as the quality of student that they produce!

Cons

Possibly working under someone who doesn't have the original mission at heart or has wrong motives but that could happen anywhere. However, ORU has new management and many things have improved greatly and continue to improve! They are working to bring salaries in line and upgrading equipment and refurbishing buildings and adding a new student center as well.

I would say to strive to hire those who feel called to carry on the original mission. It carries one through difficult times... if ORU ever has to face hard times again. However, with the new management, hopefully never again! Thank you for the improvements even though my position was eliminated but justifiably so with the changes that took place.

There are newer employer reviews for Oral Roberts University

Worked for Oral Roberts University? Contribute to the Community!