Oral Roberts University

www.oru.edu
  www.oru.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Oral Roberts University

A wonderful clean environment in which to grow.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Oral Roberts University

Pros

Wonderful quality people to work with and management that cares. The professors really care for their students and strive to help them with life decisions. It's a nice campus with some architectually interesting buildings. It tends to attract those willing to sign the honor codes, which makes for more quality employees and a nicer and cleaner environment. They also offer college benefits... the percentage increases with years employed. The University is quite the benefit to the city of Tulsa as well as the quality of student that they produce!

Cons

Possibly working under someone who doesn't have the original mission at heart or has wrong motives but that could happen anywhere. However, ORU has new management and many things have improved greatly and continue to improve! They are working to bring salaries in line and upgrading equipment and refurbishing buildings and adding a new student center as well.

I would say to strive to hire those who feel called to carry on the original mission. It carries one through difficult times... if ORU ever has to face hard times again. However, with the new management, hopefully never again! Thank you for the improvements even though my position was eliminated but justifiably so with the changes that took place.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Oral Roberts University (View Most Recent)

An interesting place to grow.

Former Employee - Student Graphics Supervisor in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Student Graphics Supervisor in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Oral Roberts University

Pros

I had wonderful people to learn from. I really Enjoyed my time working for them in the University Media Department

Cons

They underpay their student workers. It was also frustrating to be limited in the number of hours you could work.

Respect the skills of your student workers. There are jobs that require more skills, such as those in media, those skills should be respected more.

I was a student worker, not salaried

Former Employee - A Student Worker for A Department On Campus in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - A Student Worker for A Department On Campus in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Oral Roberts University

Pros

Amazing people, Usually a fun working environment, new university leadership is awesome

Cons

Some departments can be very clique-ish, and while I like the new administration, I believe that the way in which they let some people go was kind of cold and not very tactful.

When letting employees go, particularly those that have been employed by the university for a while, use more love/tact when handling those situations as to not cause dissension for university leadership amongst the student body.

There are newer employer reviews for Oral Roberts University