There are newer employer reviews for Orange County School District

Much better than other Florida districts.

Current Employee - Teacher in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Teacher in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Orange County School District

Pros

I have only been working here for a few months, but I have been satisfied by the support and atmosphere at my school. Admin works with teachers to support us with all the crazy new laws and requirements being passed by the state. It seems like several schools are having a new building under construction.

Cons

The central office is severely understaffed. If you need anything from someone downtown, you have to go in person or else you have to wait several months for them to process your paperwork.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to work at central office and give more support to your principals. I don't know about other schools, but our students need much more access to computers.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Quantity over quality

Former Employee - Tech Support in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Orlando, FL

I worked at Orange County School District

Pros

- Good balance between work & home - Wide variety of tasks and challenges - Good benefits package - Changing work locations is possible without excessive red tape

Cons

- Disorganization at the management level of IT - Time with the organization valued more than ability and aptitude to do the job; quantity over quality - Pay compared to private sector - Length of time it takes to get almost anything done once it goes beyond your coworkers and up to the district level

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward techs who perform their jobs well. Solicit feedback from front-line support people before implementing major projects. Standardize procedures and software across sites to better support them. Create and adhere to a baseline of knowledge and skills for people in the tech support position to improve the quality of service across the board.

2. Not bad. Not great, but not bad.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Orange County School District

Pros

Benefits package was pretty good.

Cons

Pay was lower than private sector

Advice to Management

None