Orange

www.orange.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orange

If you don't have to work here, Don't

I have been working at Orange

Pros

well, it is a R&D institute, not the acadamic style, but more like a lab. I got to experiment with different new ideas and products, to work on things that seem interesting to me. I don't have work on the same project/product over and over again as in most industrial companies.

Cons

For one, management sucks. Their idea of "working" is like government agency. You have to physically sit in your seat to work!
And HR and Tech support also are also incompetent. Most stuff employees take for granted in other companies, you have to personally take care of yourself. From intalling project pc, to your 401k. If you don't, you are messed up.

Understand the intelligence part of our job and be flexible. Happy employees, happy company!

122 Other Employee Reviews for Orange (View Most Recent)

benefits and drawbacks

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC

I worked at Orange

Pros

The best reasons to work for France Telecom inlcude the good benefits offered by the company. medical and life insurance beenfits are better than typical US corporations. In addition they seem to have focused on creating an environment that fosters a positive work/life balance for all employees. An added benefit is exposure to international business and culture.

Cons

A few of the downsides of workign at France Telecom include, but are not limited to, the apparent lack of management direction. Often it is difficult to understand the direction the company has chosen to move in and frustrating that management seems to lack the ciritical organizational skills necessary to implement the plans.

make decisions faster and reward individual initiative

big company effects on one of its small branch

I have been working at Orange

Pros

covers all the aspects of the telco industry, challenging in its innovation, low to medium pressure, lot of opportunity to learn

Cons

lot of middle management and processes, lack of driving very technical people, can be exhausting to fight the system.

drive more, protect from the processes

There are newer employer reviews for Orange