Contract Product strategy analyst

Former Employee - Analyst in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Analyst in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Orange

Pros

When I was there, there were some real opportunities identified. I undertand they are out of the product dev business in that lab - and are just M&A'ing. Putzers I call them. Too much time going to conferences, speaking, making speeches, watching what others are doing, and trying to duplicate the successes of lean startups. The conservatism of the otherwise very bright and well trained Indian management was potentially well synergized with the loud and outspoken Jewish Analysts, of which I was a contractor.

Cons

They R&D lab management would not see a real leading edge opportunity if you rubbed their faces in it. The culture of following the real valley risk takers was as toxic as arsenic on Gateway blvd.

That kind of a do-nothing management in a leading telecom is a shame, a dirty shame. I understand however that FT's boston lab is pretty good.

Advice to Management

Guys, take your analysts at least seriously enough to walk through the assumed market adjudications. You don't have to take everything on faith, but following every new startup idea that gets a 2M seed round is not becoming for a global player - FT needed at that time, a global strategy for B2B commerce.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's OK

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Orange

Pros

Great Vacation and Benefits package

Cons

culture and competition are sometimes difficult

Advice to Management

no advice for senior managment

2. great place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Orange

Pros

FT in North America was a great place to work because management really seemed to be appreciative of the talent that they had on board.

Cons

While FT in North America, New York office was a really wonderful place to work, unfortunately, the New York office has closed. Too bad!

Advice to Management

FT in North America was a really, really great place to work. At some point in the future, it could make sense to reconsider re-opening a New York office.