There are newer employer reviews for Orange Regional Medical Center

It is a mixed blessing.

I have been working at Orange Regional Medical Center

Pros

Decent pay close to home. Knowledgeable co-workers who really care about the job and work for the patient's best interests despite some of the working conditions. Excellent team players.

Cons

staff is verbally abused and spoken down to. Staffing ratios are often ignored or deliberately broken and staff is berated and threatened with write-ups for protesting additional patient in unsafe ( highly acute) situations. Transfer of patients from floor to floor is timed and staff is harassed during transfer creating potentially unsafe conditions. Constantly told " ...we don't staff for what ifs..." when short staffed.

Please respect that the staff has a commitment to excellence in patient care and wants absolute respect for our organization in our community. This is hard to accomplish when we are short staffed and are missing equipment and supplies. Our managers are too busy watching the budget to see if the staff is exhausted and stressed, and are themselves pushed to stress us further. Be aware that the patients and their families DO notice.
    Remember that we too are part of the community. Some us us are going elsewhere to have services done because we are too well aware of working conditions and shortages and wish to keep our families safe.
     We hear from other community members, who know that we work there, when they have had bad experiences. How do we hold our head up with pride when we know what's going on and can't justify it to our neighbors?
      Please help make us proud to be a part of the ORMC family again.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Orange Regional Medical Center (View Most Recent)

After moving into the new facility 3 years ago there have been some growing pains. You had to merge 2 hospital cultures

I worked at Orange Regional Medical Center

Pros

In the RN division I was very happy and had many friends from both campus's as I had already worked at both. I got along with my coworkers, had a lot of fun, and got creative together.
    My managers only bothered me when there was a problem otherwise we were on our own except for biweekly meetings in which our input was appreciated.

Cons

There is still a little bit of the "separate cultures", ("we never did it that way"), but I think that will fritter away with attrition
    Management is starting to firm up as far as knowing where the organization wants to go for the community and addressing their needs.

Don't loose sight of the community as you struggle with new health care regulations and decreased revenue.

Front End Registation

Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Patient Access Representative in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Orange Regional Medical Center full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

environment ok, depending on department people are friendly.

Cons

sometimes not people friendly, ER takes too long, not enough employees. Takes too long for growth within facility.

listen to employees and understand their point of view.

There are newer employer reviews for Orange Regional Medical Center