There are newer employer reviews for Orbital Sciences

Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Pros

* Great Culture & Atmosphere

Cons

* Long Hours depending on the area of work you specify in

Other Employee Reviews for Orbital Sciences

1. Great company. Interesting work. Just be prepared to work extremely long hours

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Pros

In the Advanced Programs Group (APG) you get to work with extremely intelligent people on very interesting - leading edge products. The culture is entrepreneurial (a good thing), but with each new contract win, it comes at a cost.

Cons

Extremely demanding customers, very long work hours, overly aggressive deadlines imposed by internal and external customers, etc. If you take pride in what you do and you prove yourself as a productive worker, everyone will recognize you. The downside is that you will be asked to work on every program and will in effect, give up any type of work-life balance. If you are read-in on multiple contracts, you will likely have little to no time for non-work activities (like your family). To be fair, this could be said for the majority of defense contractors in the current business climate. The SSG and LSG divisions may be different.

2. Great work opportunities with awesome people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Pros

I am currently interning at Orbital, and so far it has been the best work experience of my career. The management has given me a lot of responsibility, and I definitely feel that I am making a contribution to the team. Work is definitely enjoyable on a day-to-day basis.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lack of enthusiam and optimism in certain areas of work. This may be due to work overload, but it is something I noticed.

Advice to Management

Define a clearer process for interns to be brought back for full time positions. Make them aware of what it takes to get to the next step and the likelihood of that happening.