There are newer employer reviews for Orbital Sciences

Provides a great atmosphere for solving challenging technical problems

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Dulles, VA
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Orbital Sciences

Pros

Being a small (for this industry) company, Orbital allows for a great deal more lateral movement than the usual players. Work done in your specialty is noticed and applied to other groups. Yet, Orbital is still large enough that there is a consistent stream of interesting projects to work on.

Cons

Since some of the technical problems being solved at Orbital are so challenging, people can end up staying late and working more than their usual 40 hrs every week. If employees are not careful, this can greatly affect their work/life balance.

Be consistent in applying policies. More communication is needed from middle management to employees.

141 Other Employee Reviews for Orbital Sciences (View Most Recent)

I have been with Orbital for 17 years now and I have never wanted to leave, so you could say I love my experience here.

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Orbital Sciences

Pros

The work here is not boring; there is always a launch or a contract win (or loss) or something going on.
    The health care is awesome. In addition to having great insurance, they have montly awareness brown bag lunches, webinars, etc.
    I feel comfortable talking to upper management staff. You can make an appointment with them and speak to them at any time. They even offer brown bag lunch sessions for an open floor to tell them your complaint or make a suggestion.

Cons

No matter what company you're with, it is not going to be perfect. Maybe you have a coworker that is hard to share an office with, or following corporate policy is a pain but all in all, I have not had any major issues here. I think that if you are working at a non-Orbital location, it may be harder to do a few things (like using the intranet for training).

Keep up the great work! :)

Great deal of responsibility, early in career.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Orbital Sciences

Pros

very smart workforce. Exciting to be around

Cons

Promoted Engineers as Managers does not always work.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbital Sciences