Orbital Sciences
www.orbital.com Sterling, VA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Orbital is a great place to work.

Marketing (Current Employee)
Greenbelt, MD

ProsI have the flexibility to manage work and home responsibilities. My management understands the difficulties with juggling a family and work assignments. I have enough authority to get my assignments completed. I enjoy my job and have fun.

Our management works very hard to maintain and support our staff. The management works hard to retain personnel as one contract transitions into a follow on contract.

ConsOur division is very dependent on the government budgets. Thus, our future work is not very well defined. We need more social activities! I enjoy seeing my co-workers outside of the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Social Activities! How about free breakfast on Fridays?

Interesting Work, Weak Pay and Benefits

Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee)
    Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Orbital Sciences

Pros: People are treated well and their is little traditional management "hierarchy" like some of the other aerospace firms. Quality of life at work is better… Cons: Pay sucks relative to the competition and so do benefits. The Launch Systems Group is the "red… Advice to Senior Management: It's the year 2011. Need to understand that new talent out of school is NOT going to go for 1970's management… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent benefits, management is tight with the purse strings

Sterling, VA

I have been working at Orbital Sciences

Pros: Enjoyable work place good atmosphere, Rewarding work Cons: low pay more vacation time More
There are newer reviews on Orbital Sciences.

Worked for Orbital Sciences? Contribute to the Community!

Orbital Sciences – Why Work for Us?

Limitless Opportunity Some say the sky is the limit. When it comes to your career at Orbital, there are no limits.We are one of the premier space technology companies in the world, and we have exciting opportunities for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Orbital Sciences reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Orbital Sciences CEO David W. Thompson. All reviews posted anonymously by Orbital Sciences employees.