Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Orbitz Worldwide is a great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Market Manager
Current Employee - Market Manager

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros

There is a real team atmosphere at Orbitz Worldwide. We have wonderful support from our management team. There are flexible schedules and great benefits.

Cons

Remote employees do not have a lot of interaction with corporate staff. We do receive internal communications with updates and progress reports so we feel like they are trying to keep us in the know.

410 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Love the Knowledge Sharing

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros

Despite being a large organization, it's very collaborative. I work in a satellite office but have ample opportunity to discuss ideas, issues, concepts, and strategy with members from all different teams across the organization and even those abroad. There feels like a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement within such a large organization.

Cons

It is a bit of a behemoth, and sometimes your work gets drowned out in the larger organization. It's hard to make your mark on the company as a whole unless you're doing something really exceptional. But overall, despite having 1500+ employees across the globe, Orbitz somehow manages to have a small-town feel. I chalk it up the nice Midwesterners in Chicago who make up most of the staff :)

Landing here was a very good move.

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros

Though I know this is not the case for all departments, the team I work with telecommutes nearly 100%. Even in that environment, I would say that I still have a lot of interaction with my peers, managers, and those whom I support. The accomplishments of the team are recognized and celebrated. Orbitz rewards high performance through a yearly bonus program. There is also a program of more "spontaneous" rewards through which it is possible to accrue dollars toward a pretty impressive array of services and retailers. My managers are inspiring and have helped me to grow in my area of focus. They have also been very aware of the work/life balance and regularly check in with me to make sure I'm not working myself to death! Orbitz also values staying healthy, and provides good health care coverage, though this is a shared expense. (Still, I'm very glad to have it!) Whenever someone asks me what I do for a living, it's still amazing to me when I say that I get to work in an industry that I pretty much grew up in, continue to learn new things all the time, use skills that come very naturally to me, work with amazing people, and do all of this from home! For me, that sums up working at Orbitz Worldwide.

Cons

This is not so much about the work environment, but it can be frustrating to work so hard and know of the talent and innovation that is all over this place, but not see it reflected in the stock price. (At least not at this time.)

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide