Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com
  www.orbitz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Orbitz Worldwide is a great place to work and grow.

Current Employee - Market Manager
Current Employee - Market Manager

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros

There is a real team atmosphere at Orbitz Worldwide. We have wonderful support from our management team. There are flexible schedules and great benefits.

Cons

Remote employees do not have a lot of interaction with corporate staff. We do receive internal communications with updates and progress reports so we feel like they are trying to keep us in the know.

338 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Orbitz is a fun place to work that keeps you constantly challenged

Current Employee - Technical Lead
    Current Employee - Technical Lead

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros

Orbitz offers software engineers the opportunity to work in a fun environment. The travel sector is very complex requiring very interesting and engaging technology solutions. There is no dress code so the atmosphere is comfortable, friendly, and allows developers to collaborate and get work done. The company provides espresso machines, soda machines, and limited breakfast options at no charge.

Cons

Salary compensation is competitive though bigger tech companies generally pay more for more senior developers.

Love the Knowledge Sharing

Current Employee - Product Manager
    Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros

Despite being a large organization, it's very collaborative. I work in a satellite office but have ample opportunity to discuss ideas, issues, concepts, and strategy with members from all different teams across the organization and even those abroad. There feels like a lot of opportunity for growth and advancement within such a large organization.

Cons

It is a bit of a behemoth, and sometimes your work gets drowned out in the larger organization. It's hard to make your mark on the company as a whole unless you're doing something really exceptional. But overall, despite having 1500+ employees across the globe, Orbitz somehow manages to have a small-town feel. I chalk it up the nice Midwesterners in Chicago who make up most of the staff :)

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!