Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com

Smart people, casual work environment, mentally challenging/stimulating work

Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOrbitz employees are generally smart, laid back and approachable, which makes this a great place to work -- you're always surrounded by and working with great people. The casual work environment and general start-up feel of the company/work (despite its huge size) is also a huge plus. Top-down communications explaining new initiatives and plans are frequent; under Barney Harford, company goals are crystal clear.

ConsIt's a known problem within Orbitz that it can sometimes be challenging to get things done due to the sheer size and complexity of the company and the various groups' roadmaps that compete for developers and resources. However, management has acknowledged this as a legitimate issue and is doing everything it can to get cross-departmental teams working together in order to break away from this widely-believed notion.

Career development plans tend to be unclear; it's widely believed that career advancement at Orbitz requires proactive conversations with management that some (if not most) would deem awkward. Management/HR could do a better job of making sure these conversations (if desired) occur so that employees and their managers are on the same page and have similar expectations come review time.

A well rounded place to develop your career

Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros: Orbitz is a great place to work and advance your career. Its one of the business that truly has a wide breath of opportunities to… Cons: general pains of a growing company. at times it can be hard to get things… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

They keep "eliminating positions" of really good employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros: I have a great boss and my team functions well. Cons: Yesterday, a new manager was allowed to "eliminate the position" of someone who had worked here for years and was really, really good at her… Advice to Senior Management: Stop letting middle managers build and run their little fiefdoms… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Orbitz Worldwide.

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!