Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Finally, a few reviews with the truth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Orbitz Worldwide full-time

Pros

Good location, casual work environment, zero accountability means that you don't need to stress about actually meeting a deadline because it will definitely be pushed back.

Cons

The recent reviews "Promises, Promises" and “Lots of smart people but the leadership team is too detached to actually see the huge foundational problems around them” are both extremely accurate. It strikes me as very ironic that Orbitz recruits smart people and then thinks it can lie to them about how great things are within the company. Smart people can see when half their team leaves to take new jobs in a matter of a few months. They can see when two top level execs: the CFO (who was there less than 2 years) and President of Partner Services resign in the same week. They can see when Orbitz isn’t turning a profit quarter after quarter and year after year. And, they can see when bonuses are not paid out and raises are a pittance. I think that Orbitz bragging to employees about its AMAZING Glassdoor report card has actually prompted some employees and former employees to write accurate reviews about the way things really are. Attempting to pull the wool over employees’ eyes isn’t working—it’s making smart employees angry.

And as a side note, the company does actively ask HR as well as the entire company to give it positive reviews on Glassdoor.

The board needs take a look at the hard numbers: turnover, earnings and stock price. Then proceed to get rid of the management that has been at the helm for all of it.

400 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Every day I have the opportunity to make a difference

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros

The people are great, the technology is complex and interesting and the company is always making changes to make our sites better.

Cons

I think the pay could be more competitive. I'd like to see more more hard-line decisions made about technology. Find the expert in an area and have them give direction. Too often, people are allowed to influence decisions they are not qualified to make.

Great place with great people

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros

The people make this place work really well. Very open to innovative ideas and new ways on how to continue to evolve the product.

Cons

There isn't enough fruit that is passed out for snack time. Could stand to change the coffee in espresso machines.

maybe it's time to review the performance review process and look at an easier way to rate people and provide feedback.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide