There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Fast paced dynamic company on the up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very relaxed place to work - very open on flexible working - as I have a young family, that counts for a lot. There is a very dynamic leadership team who have a clear vision, and are able to inspire - not just in the US, but in Europe where I work. I have learned a lot in my tenure here and have the opportunity to travel to both Europe and the US.

Cons

HQ is in the US - so, working outside the mother ship has its limitations in terms of having ownership outside of marketing and product purchasing - it is more a question of having to influence other business stakeholders.

Advice to Management

Compensation and benefits does not compare well to our competitor set.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great potential, somewhat wasted. Technology may not be the solution

I worked at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people Strong supporting systems Strong existing brand value and Klout

Cons

Bureaucratic Major projects often developed into "white elephants" Key personnel exiting senior management and continued losses don't demonstrate a great confidence in the near future of the company

Advice to Management

Inappropriate staffing of pivotal project and an over reliance on technology to counter a brand issue are putting at risk the viability of Orbitz in the future Accepting you are now longer in the leading pack is probably the best decision taken by the senior management. A challenger brand is often easier to play than a market leader

Flexible and fun atmosphere

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide

Pros

Flexible schedules, casual atmosphere filled with fun and hard work. This is definitely a "work hard, play hard" kind of place, and the work-life balance is very good.

Cons

Restricted opportunities for advancement in many roles (namely if you are outside the corporate office), communication outside the corporate office is also challenging.

Advice to Management

Offer more opportunities for advancement for external employees. There are really few opportunities to be had unless you are in the corporate office.