Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com

Fast-paced & challenging working environment. Unique corporate culture for a large organization.

Product Analyst (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI have only been with Orbitz for a few months, but so far my experience has been a positive one.

The interview process was efficient & helpful. The recruiter who I worked with was very quick to respond to my inquiries & concerns. The background check process was a little ridiculous -- one of my prior employers had shredded all of my documentation -- but the team was quick to help me remedy my issue.

The onboarding process was very smooth & I'm impressed with the number of team-oriented and professional/personal improvement events that have been hosted in such a short amount of time. I was set up with two mentors within my first month of employment, and we continue weekly meetings so that I can bounce ideas/concerns off of individuals within the organization who are not within my immediate team. That's pretty refreshing & a nice sounding board. In addition, the organization just launched the Women of Orbitz panel which has been a fun and educational program thus far. It's evident that Orbitz is trying to supply its employees with different outlets for growth.

My work has been challenging and I'm really enjoying the team that I am on. Everyone is very supportive about helping me get acclimated to the job.

ConsThere are way too many meetings. Teams have meetings to talk about upcoming meetings. I'm finding it difficult to balance the number of meetings that I'm attending with my work load, and I'm hoping that will improve with time because there is no sense in meeting just to meet!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue offering the professional growth/internal networking opportunities that you've provided so far. It's a great effort & I'd like to see these programs grow.

Orbitz in a nutshell

Software Developer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time

Pros: A decent work life balance with opportunity to learn a new domain. There is a lot of potential… Cons: Most of upper management is terrible and no longer understands or cares how most of the software works and what measures are needed to improve… Advice to Senior Management: Resign and let the board of directors replace you so the company has focus and understands what needs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Coordinator

Coordinator (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for more than a year

Pros: Work schedule flexibility. Respectful of time. Cons: There are too many meetings. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Orbitz Worldwide.

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!