Orbitz Worldwide

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Best place I found!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

-Challenges. OWW has scale, technology, and a challenging business sector. There is no time to get bored, it keeps me on my feel all the time. There is also and opportunity to work in a variety of areas within the company and you can move around and learn several different areas of the business.
-Work Life Balance - very flexible place to work. Laid back, casual, and no boss breathing down your throat. Get your job done, and done well, and you will be well taken care of. Also great flexibility for those who have children and outside work commitments.
-Leadership Team - very down to earth and incredibly smart. Very few offices, and the CTO sits out on the floor in a desk!

Cons

-Challenging business environment - hyper competitive industry which requires innovation and a view for the future. There is no holding still and we need to continually evolve and respond to competition.

403 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Exciting, challenging and engaging! Like being in the valley without the high cost of living!

Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment full of A players. Employees get lots of opportunities to innovate. It's the best hybrid of technology company and startup with a strong culture of "doing the right thing".

Cons

Sometimes we try to do too many things instead of focusing on a subset of the most important. Accountability is harder than it should be.

Keep up the good work and continuously improve!

Absolutely amazing place to work.

Current Employee - Feature Team Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Feature Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Perfect balance of technology and business. Always on the fore-front on providing cutting edge web-technology. Gives enough encouragement and motivation to innovate and learn. Business is moving in right direction incorporating the latest Social and mobile trends

Cons

Even though business and product are moving in right direction, they are still not able to achieve the goals. Need more clear vision to become leader and not the follower. Innovate and capture untapped potential and get first-mover advantage

Please incorporate a long-term strategy to make orbitz the disruptive force in the OTA space.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide