Best place I found!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Challenges. OWW has scale, technology, and a challenging business sector. There is no time to get bored, it keeps me on my feel all the time. There is also and opportunity to work in a variety of areas within the company and you can move around and learn several different areas of the business.
-Work Life Balance - very flexible place to work. Laid back, casual, and no boss breathing down your throat. Get your job done, and done well, and you will be well taken care of. Also great flexibility for those who have children and outside work commitments.
-Leadership Team - very down to earth and incredibly smart. Very few offices, and the CTO sits out on the floor in a desk!

Cons

-Challenging business environment - hyper competitive industry which requires innovation and a view for the future. There is no holding still and we need to continually evolve and respond to competition.

reviews filtered by
  1. Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead

Current Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OWW has a very laid back and casual environment. We are able to work hard and play hard while enjoying a great deal of benefits.

Cons

Vacation time benefits need to be addressed as they are not as competitive as other technology companies. Management reorganizations seem to be a bit too frequent. Promotions can sometimes take a bit longer than necessary.

Advice to Management

Pay needs to be balanced for current or longer term employees especially when they move jobs. Promotions that happen during end of year reviews cause lower compensation for the promotion.

2. Exciting, challenging and engaging! Like being in the valley without the high cost of living!

Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment full of A players. Employees get lots of opportunities to innovate. It's the best hybrid of technology company and startup with a strong culture of "doing the right thing".

Cons

Sometimes we try to do too many things instead of focusing on a subset of the most important. Accountability is harder than it should be.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continuously improve!