Orbitz Worldwide

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead

Current Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (more than an year)

Pros

OWW has a very laid back and casual environment. We are able to work hard and play hard while enjoying a great deal of benefits.

Cons

Vacation time benefits need to be addressed as they are not as competitive as other technology companies. Management reorganizations seem to be a bit too frequent. Promotions can sometimes take a bit longer than necessary.

Pay needs to be balanced for current or longer term employees especially when they move jobs. Promotions that happen during end of year reviews cause lower compensation for the promotion.

378 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Exciting, challenging and engaging! Like being in the valley without the high cost of living!

Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Architect in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced environment full of A players. Employees get lots of opportunities to innovate. It's the best hybrid of technology company and startup with a strong culture of "doing the right thing".

Cons

Sometimes we try to do too many things instead of focusing on a subset of the most important. Accountability is harder than it should be.

Keep up the good work and continuously improve!

Fast-paced & challenging working environment. Unique corporate culture for a large organization.

Current Employee - Product Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have only been with Orbitz for a few months, but so far my experience has been a positive one.

The interview process was efficient & helpful. The recruiter who I worked with was very quick to respond to my inquiries & concerns. The background check process was a little ridiculous -- one of my prior employers had shredded all of my documentation -- but the team was quick to help me remedy my issue.

The onboarding process was very smooth & I'm impressed with the number of team-oriented and professional/personal improvement events that have been hosted in such a short amount of time. I was set up with two mentors within my first month of employment, and we continue weekly meetings so that I can bounce ideas/concerns off of individuals within the organization who are not within my immediate team. That's pretty refreshing & a nice sounding board. In addition, the organization just launched the Women of Orbitz panel which has been a fun and educational program thus far. It's evident that Orbitz is trying to supply its employees with different outlets for growth.

My work has been challenging and I'm really enjoying the team that I am on. Everyone is very supportive about helping me get acclimated to the job.

Cons

There are way too many meetings. Teams have meetings to talk about upcoming meetings. I'm finding it difficult to balance the number of meetings that I'm attending with my work load, and I'm hoping that will improve with time because there is no sense in meeting just to meet!

Continue offering the professional growth/internal networking opportunities that you've provided so far. It's a great effort & I'd like to see these programs grow.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide