There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Great to be back, high energy and fast pace.

Current Employee - Feature Team Lead in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Feature Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Orbitz for a number of years in the early 2000's and recently rejoined to find the work as vastly updated to current ecommerce techniques and strategies.

Cons

While being colocated is a major plus over my previous employer, there are quite alot of meetings but I would rather have that than not being able to work directly with project participants or remotely with them.

Advice to Management

While there is plenty of interesting work to go around, seems like we should be focusing on items that move the needle more in terms of revenue.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Site Reliability Engineering Team Lead

Current Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OWW has a very laid back and casual environment. We are able to work hard and play hard while enjoying a great deal of benefits.

Cons

Vacation time benefits need to be addressed as they are not as competitive as other technology companies. Management reorganizations seem to be a bit too frequent. Promotions can sometimes take a bit longer than necessary.

Advice to Management

Pay needs to be balanced for current or longer term employees especially when they move jobs. Promotions that happen during end of year reviews cause lower compensation for the promotion.

Orbitz in a nutshell

Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time

Pros

A decent work life balance with opportunity to learn a new domain. There is a lot of potential for innovation if upper management gets out of the way. There are still some smart, hardworking people in the trenches.

Cons

Most of upper management is terrible and no longer understands or cares how most of the software works and what measures are needed to improve operations. It seems like most of the effort is geared towards maintenance and "keeping the lights on". Little effort is made to recognize or reward talented employees who try to make a difference and thus most of them leave.

Advice to Management

Resign and let the board of directors replace you so the company has focus and understands what needs to be done. It seems like most of the talented developers, analysts, and operations employees have already departed.