Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com
  www.orbitz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Engaging workplace with a great work-life balance

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good compensation, fun atmosphere, flexible, great city, great people, feel valued, a chance to interact with senior leaders. I've really enjoyed working for Orbitz and have experience a high level of job satisfaction.

Cons

Gaining approval to move forward with a project can be difficult, more meetings than I'd prefer, economy has put a dent in the travel industry as a whole.

Be open to sharing failures/areas of improvement with employees, not just successes and highlights. It's easy to tell when the outlook presented is a bit too sunny.

393 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Great work + great people = great place to be

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Orbitz is an innovative company with a great culture. There are a lot of opportunities to grow a career here and develop both personally and professionally; the company really supports learning and development. There are also many opportunities to connect with coworkers. With so many people in one building, it can be hard to get to know everyone, but there are regular activities to get people from different areas of the company together to interact and get to know one another. If you want to work with smart people and have fun while working on challenging assignments, this is the place to be. I mean, with a foosball table in the lunchroom, what's not to love?

Cons

The work is demanding and will challenge you on a daily basis. I don't consider that to be a con, but if you're looking for something easy where you can fly under the radar, Orbitz isn't for you.

Good so far

Current Employee - Technology in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technology in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Seems like everyone I work with enjoys being there, no real disgruntled employees that I have come across. Everyone so far has been a pleasure to work with and a positive vibe. Let's be honest that really what makes or breaks a job is the people you work with.

Great office, nice location.

Compensation is on par with competitors.

Cons

A little too software happy, you have to log any vacation or time off twice in separate systems. Stupid red tape with dealing with issues like getting locked out of machine or hardware stuff.

You must submit your hours weekly (Replicon).

No personal mail of any kind allowed, which I have never encountered before any any company. It's not critical but every now and then there may be a package that you have to have delivered at work, but that wont happen here.

No 401k match for the entire first year, another first experience for me and a surprise given the size of the company.

PTO is on the stingy side, 12 days of vacation a year.

Ease up on the personal mail, we spend the majority of our week in the office...at least let us pick up important deliveries from the mail room, you dont have to deliver it. Remove redundancy from employee tools, kill replicon.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide