Orbitz Worldwide
www.orbitz.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Best Tech Company for Learning and Growing

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEven after 10 years, Orbitz has a young, energetic, start-up feel. You are surrounded by really smart people who love to share their knowledge and experience. Always open to exploring newest technologies. Opportunities for web software engineers in numerous areas including Air, Hotel, Car, SEO, Finance, Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, Big Data. Company is getting a lot better about fostering innovation and encouraging engineers to be creative.

ConsAs with most successful tech companies, we lose really good engineers sometimes. Stacked ranking is old-school way of managing promotions, bonuses, and raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue fostering innovation through regular "Day Away" events - it really boosts satisfaction and results in great ideas.

Great Culture - Career Growth Your Choice

Interactive Designer (Former Employee)

I worked at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Excellent place to work with a lot of smart people. The environment is conducive to working in teams, and a lot of opportunity to explore… Cons: Lack of consistent access to senior executives. Advice to Senior Management: Bring various teams into senior executive meetings to gain better insight to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to start a career

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Flexible work from home policy; good place to grow if… Cons: Lack of real career paths and development opportunity; very low… More

There are newer reviews on Orbitz Worldwide.

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!

Orbitz Worldwide – Why Work for Us?

Orbitz Worldwide (NYSE:OWW) is a leading global online travel company using technology to transform the way consumers around the world plan and purchase travel. Orbitz Worldwide operates the consumer travel planning… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Orbitz Worldwide reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Orbitz Worldwide CEO Barney Harford . All reviews posted anonymously by Orbitz Worldwide employees.