Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com

Interesting technology and plenty of growth opportunity

Current Employee - Director  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The open and collaborative working environment couldn't be better. Everyone looks to help each other succeed in their jobs and displays a positive attitude.

Orbitz has a heavy focus on technology and attract top talent. When you work with so many talented people, you can't help but constantly learn from them. There is a constant drive to innovate everything from website/customer features to small process improvements.

Cons

With so much focus on innovation and new features some projects get done halfway. This leads to unneeded complexity and long standing technical debt. Solving some of these complex problems can be very rewarding, but frustrating.

Continue to support the career growth in the way that you do today, it's great.
Set clear goals for addressing technical debt and give them equal priority to product goals. This will ultimately help deliver products faster and more efficiently.
Plot a path to more quickly pay down the company's debt. Available cash would give Orbitz the ability to make larger strategic moves and take market share from competitors.

Other Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Excited to work more

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome technologies here. There are really a lot of technologies that you can work in, you can be an expert in anything that you choose. Not a conservative company at all, will encourage new ideas. Very employee friendly. I didn't think online travel agency would be so technical until I joined here. Lots to learn here. I love that I get a chance to work with a group of very smart people.

Cons

Not a lot of cons that I can think of at the moment. However, I feel the pay is a bit less compared to the other companies in Chicago area.

Fantastic learning environment with plenty of accountability

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and great culture. Everyone is super respectful and has a diverse range of backgrounds and opinions. People care about producing quality work and making our customers happy. It is a great place to work as a developer as there is a very healthy work-life balance as well as exciting problems. It is fun to not be the market leader as we constantly look for opportunities to disrupt and leapfrog the competition.

Cons

There is still a lot of work to do. Compensation isn't the highest, but is very fair considering the locale and work-life balance expectations.

Keep up the focused strategy. It has paid off well. Continue focusing on the employees' concerns.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide.

Worked for Orbitz Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!