Orbitz Worldwide

www.orbitz.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide

Interesting technology and plenty of growth opportunity

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The open and collaborative working environment couldn't be better. Everyone looks to help each other succeed in their jobs and displays a positive attitude.

Orbitz has a heavy focus on technology and attract top talent. When you work with so many talented people, you can't help but constantly learn from them. There is a constant drive to innovate everything from website/customer features to small process improvements.

Cons

With so much focus on innovation and new features some projects get done halfway. This leads to unneeded complexity and long standing technical debt. Solving some of these complex problems can be very rewarding, but frustrating.

Continue to support the career growth in the way that you do today, it's great.
Set clear goals for addressing technical debt and give them equal priority to product goals. This will ultimately help deliver products faster and more efficiently.
Plot a path to more quickly pay down the company's debt. Available cash would give Orbitz the ability to make larger strategic moves and take market share from competitors.

400 Other Employee Reviews for Orbitz Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Excited to work more

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome technologies here. There are really a lot of technologies that you can work in, you can be an expert in anything that you choose. Not a conservative company at all, will encourage new ideas. Very employee friendly. I didn't think online travel agency would be so technical until I joined here. Lots to learn here. I love that I get a chance to work with a group of very smart people.

Cons

Not a lot of cons that I can think of at the moment. However, I feel the pay is a bit less compared to the other companies in Chicago area.

Fun company with talented individuals

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Orbitz Worldwide full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance is excellent. The people are all talented, bright, and supportive. Upper management encourages growth and originality in an atmosphere of fairness. The projects are interesting and challenging, and the product of these projects are heard, considered, and applied in some cases.

Cons

The organizationation is relatively flat so opportunities for advancement is limited. While Orbitz is constantly pursuing new ideas and enhancing its business model (which makes the work interesting), growth is uncertain.

There are newer employer reviews for Orbitz Worldwide