Osh

Current Employee - Store Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Store Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Orchard Supply Hardware full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay for managers and assistants

Cons

Hourly payroll too low for employees

Other Employee Reviews for Orchard Supply Hardware

Finally getting Better!!

Current Employee - Department Lead in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Department Lead in Fresno, CA

I have been working at Orchard Supply Hardware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with from Employees, Management, Vendors, and Customers Know the information that comes down from the corporate office, rather than being secretive The chance to move up in the Company New things happening to Orchard. The Shirt uniform Love it!! Early closing days on major holidays!! Employee discount with Orchard Coupons!! Meeting the Top Corporate Guys in person!! Town Hall meetings to get a better overview with what works at store level!!

Cons

Not so much with corporate guidelines, mostly store level...schedualing is awful, not knowing what you work in two days, (ie posting it friday for the week starting on sunday). Me as a woman working in a "man" store, the descrimination i get with customers, however, my guys always have my back!! The follow through with management when others are not cutting it! documentaion/paper trail is weak!

Advice to Management

Follow through with associates Listen and Learn from your associates, we are the ones who deal with things head on! Kick off the ones who are not cutting it for the team, if you have one weak member it takes the rest of us to pick up his or her slack. Allow for timing and training...MORE HOURS!! for departments who are busy during their season! Give credit where credit is due...Be honest, however, be thankful as well to those who deserve it. Out of the 7 years with Orchard, I have to say this is the best time so far!!! I thank Management for being understanding and compassionate to ones needs!! I can say I love my Orchard Family!!!

2. No room for advancement from the lower levels of the eschelons.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Concord, CA

I have been working at Orchard Supply Hardware part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Flexible hours, Good learning experience for Retail

Cons

Management is a Hit and Miss. Weekly work times can vary quire a bit.