Orchard Supply Hardware

There are newer employer reviews for Orchard Supply Hardware

Employee for 9 years

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Clayton, CA
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Clayton, CA

I have been working at Orchard Supply Hardware part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The store management can be great at times, will try the best to deliver for you. The acquisition by Lowes has shown great promise for the next three years. Nothing like under Sears Holdings. Recently completed a Career Growth Survey, just hope it works to deliver personal growth.

Cons

Lots of negativity by over half the line staff, they don't want to see the good coming from the Lowes purchase of the company. Whiners about the extra work now being required because we have shelves full of product and they can't send customers down the street. To Ace. Lack of respect for managers and staff that back them. Just a group of lazy paycheck collectors.

Provide better wages comparable to Lowes for the employees who specialize and keep up on product line and industry changes. Deliver on the Career Growth, put the part time employees with great customer relations and sales skills to full time. Stop tying the store management team's hand on hours. Yes a $6,000,000 store can be run on 1200 hours a week, but imagine the results if every customer wqas helped add a few more hours and see better results. Looks like new CEO Richard Maltzberger is wanting to add 28 stores in the next three years and improve the older stores just don't hire from the outside for management, promote from within, every outside manager I've seen come to work has be terminated for everything from lying about experience to theft of high end products.

100 Other Employee Reviews for Orchard Supply Hardware (View Most Recent)

I had a mixed experience with OSH - some great people, but leadership changes and lack of investment

Former Employee - Senior Buyer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Buyer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Orchard Supply Hardware full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a great legacy, strong loyalty in field & with customer base. Clear customer demographic target and new vision (2012+) is exciting, unique

Cons

compensation below target, benefits package weak. Technology is outdated, no infrastructure investment. Recent & frequent changes in ownership and leadership hindered investment. but Lowe's purchase seems to be positive so far.

Compensation well below market, difficult to retain talent

Pick up yard attant

I have been working at Orchard Supply Hardware full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of exercise and fresh air

Cons

I was wholly satisfied with my time there.

keep up the good work