Oreck
www.oreck.com Nashville, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

An entry level hands on retail sales job under new management.

Service Technician (Current Employee)

ProsCommission allows for extra earnings (provided sales are successful).
Payment is biweekly and direct deposit required (which most find convenient).
Retail employment looks good to almost any business for future ventures.

ConsManagement has shown a lack of integrity about compensation and policies in the last year.
(A "New Payment Plan" was introduced showing figures of a salary (or hourly pay) raise, and a cut in commission. The new plan dropped commission by over 50% but no employees were given a raise).

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should show more integrity with policies and payment of employees. The company should also adjust profit margins, as many of their customers have complained and stopped using Oreck products due to price mark-ups.
As for the question (1 to 5 rating) of the CEO leadership, I'm not certain that Bill Fry is responsible for the experiences I've had with the company, and cannot honestly judge his ways.

Doesn't suck

I have been working at Oreck

Pros: Great products, great people at the District level down, great… Cons: Advancement possible up to store manager. No one currently… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to the field. There is a ton of… More

Great Purpose and Value Statements

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Oreck

Pros: training, benefits, atmosphere. great product. Cons: Lack of cofidence in senior management. Now that new team… Advice to Senior Management: Stay the course, remember the folks on the frontline they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Oreck.

Worked for Oreck? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Oreck reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Oreck CEO Doug Cahill. All reviews posted anonymously by Oreck employees.