Oregon Community Credit Union

www.oregoncommunitycu.org

Love it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eugene, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Pros

I love what we stand for--making a difference to our members and our community. They support me in volunteering, and they've been there when I need help. I have lots of opportunities to learn, grow, and make an impact. They push me to do my best, but I feel valued and recognized for what I achieve. Everyone works as a supportive team.

Cons

We only have sites in Lane County (and one branch in Salem), so there's not much ability to collaborate with people from different areas. It's not like working for a multi-national company or anything.

Keep focusing on what's important--helping our communities be strong!

Other reviews for Oregon Community Credit Union

It's been a good place to work.

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Eugene, OR

Pros

Committed to it's community, pride in exceptional member service

Cons

Politics of promotions, not enough career opportunities

Really tries to live out the fancy words

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Pros

OCCU works harder than any other place I've worked to live out the mission-vision-values stuff that they put up on the wall. Even within all the constraints of keeping a sound business running, they do actually seem to put the members first and respect their employees. Being owned by our members instead of absent stockholders or senior mgmt really makes a difference!
    My coworkers are virtually all pleasant people who do their best and work to maintain a positive atmosphere in the office.
    Management tries to encourage good work-life balance, and is flexible in helping folks arrange work hours around personal needs.

Cons

Like any small-to-midsized business in a stable growth environment, opportunities for career advancement are limited. Sure, there's plenty of opportunities at the front line, in the branches and call center, but in career positions there is little turnover or growth. Folks get into a job they like and stick around for 5-10-20 years-- great if that's you, but not if you want their job!
    Salaries aren't stellar, but HR does work to keep them average and augment them with decent benefits, counting on success-sharing to reward folks when we have good years.
    Training is good for the young people who swell the front-line ranks, but support for career-development and technical training for professionals is weak.

There are newer employer reviews for Oregon Community Credit Union.

Worked for Oregon Community Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!