Oregon Department of Transportation

www.oregon.gov

State Employment Changing

ProsGreat benefits package: generous vacation, sick and personal time; Employer-Paid health benefits with nominal employee contribution. Number of on-site training options to keep employees current.

ConsThe budget has led to continued down-sizing across agencies.
There have been no raises in at least three years and mandatory furlough days result in a reduction in overall salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees deserve to know when changes that directly impact their job function are being considered. Subject Matter Experts should be included in the decision making process to make sure the desired changes are practical and realistic.

Diversity is for sucker!!!

(Former Employee)

I worked at Oregon Department of Transportation

Pros: -Work life balance -Challenge of assignment - Freedom to express… Cons: 98% of people working in my department were white approaching the retirement age These people seem to have a very limited view about minority and… Advice to Senior Management: Management don't have to give any special treatments to the non-white population. However, more works… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lots of bureaucracy, but that's what you get with a state job. Kept me busy and pay was fair.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Oregon Department of Transportation part-time

Pros: The other employees were great to work with. Some were… Cons: Bureaucracy - plane and simple. If you want to grow in… More
There are newer reviews on Oregon Department of Transportation.

Worked for Oregon Department of Transportation? Contribute to the Community!