There are newer employer reviews for Organic

Spiral

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Organic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and the remnants of the first dot com perks are nice. Only thing missing is foosball. Also, the location can't be beat.

Cons

Always talking about new work and projects that would reinvigorate the company, but the reality is that their business model doesn't work anymore. Too small to be cost effective, too big to be nimble.

Time to hire some new management! Current management team don't actually know how the sausage gets made, so they are ineffective in managing projects. The era of working employees into the ground is over. Clients are bringing all this work in house and snap up anyone who is effective and tired of Organic.

60 Other Employee Reviews for Organic (View Most Recent)

Disorganized mess.

I worked at Organic as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Nice office, and the people are sort of friendly. Free soda and coffee. Very cool facility.

Cons

I was there for four days before finding out who I reported to. I had to use my own laptop instead of the PowerMac they provided because I was asked to basically work around the clock.

Don't be so aloof. Seriously, I had no clue who was in charge.

Was wonderful until it wasn't. But it may yet be again.

I worked at Organic

Pros

Satisfying, beautiful work. Ability to travel based on project, which I was able to take advantage of. Mostly extremely friendly coworkers, willing to work and share. The sort of coworkers you stay friends with, because they hired very, very well, for the most part.

Cons

No promotions in sight, and no raises unless one threatens to leave. The C-level people were changed up, and the intangibles that made the place great went up in smoke. There is currently ageist myopia going around - and no, I'm not one of the aged, but I notice it, and it isn't right. Some people cost more because, frankly, they're worth more (and the ROI is better because they get it done faster) AND they teach us up and comers plenty.

Understand who you have better, and don't be afraid to pay them right. Don't ignore "auxiliary" disciplines - they are just as important as the flashier disciplines.

There are newer employer reviews for Organic