Oriental Trading Company

www.orientaltrading.com
  www.orientaltrading.com
There are newer employer reviews for Oriental Trading Company

Enjoyable work place, dedicated employees, friendly and casual atmosphere.

Current Employee - Brand Merchant in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Brand Merchant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Oriental Trading Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, I have found that the employees are dedicated, engaged and just plain enjoyable to work with. Management has shown desire and progress to improve the engagement and happiness of their employees.

Cons

Salary and Benefits are not as competitive. Leadership communication can sometimes be inconsistent and lacking.

Facilitate better communication from the top down and provide your employees with the right resources in order to complete their job accurately and efficiently.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Oriental Trading Company (View Most Recent)

Great business, good place to learn, grow and impact.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Oriental Trading Company full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company provides fun to millions of customers. Business model is complicated enough for one to learn a great deal about how to make a business profitable and grow profitably. Also got a lot of great people to work with.

Cons

Kind of limited opportunity of gaining broader exposure to different aspects of the business. Lack of a rotational program. Company's size may be a limit too.

Encourage employees to work at other function areas and provide the opportunity.

Against the grain

Former Employee - IT Department in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - IT Department in Omaha, NE

I worked at Oriental Trading Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Enjoyed the events outside the business, and the sodas during business meetings.

Cons

Where to begin.

I started working for the organization a month after the new CEO came on board. 9 months and 3 layoffs later( which OTC supposively never had one before) I was let go with no severance package. The reason: I was requesting a bankrupt company( which Executive team never admitted during quarterly meetings) tuition reimbursement to finish my MBA. The ironic thing about this is that the company wanted to utilize the tuition reimbursement program more, and soon as I was- I was let go.

During quarterly meetings, give straight honest answers, if the firm is going bankrupt just say it.

There are newer employer reviews for Oriental Trading Company