Very good training!

Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Orkin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent resources and suport from management

Cons

Very expensive, hard to sell against competition when you ar twice as much.

Advice to Management

Become more realistic in pricing

Other Employee Reviews for Orkin

1. Salary mis-represented, but the best Termite company to call

Former Employee - Termite Inspection and Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Termite Inspection and Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Orkin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Actual commissions for termite contract sales were not bad. Company leads were good in the spring and summer (see cons). Very knowledgeable managers, they knew their stuff. Very good training program, was able to pass state licensing exam no problem. Company does the best termite treatment, hands down. I checked out the competition, and they do a running quote, they do not inspect the crawl space or basement, all they do is measure the outside of the house, throw a quote at you based on square footage and run to the next house. If I ever have termites in my house (knock on wood) I will definitely call Orkin, no need to call any one else. I worked with the treatment crews, and they did the job right, first time, every time.

Cons

Company leads dried up in the fall and winter, due to reduced termite activity. There is no profit in selling insect control. During interview process was told that termite inspections of previously treated homes would pay $50 per inspection and you could do 4 or 5 inspections per day. Sounded great. Inspections actually paid about $1.00 average since they were in a "different category". When i asked about the $50 payments I was promised I was told it would bankrupt the company if they paid $50 per inspection. The only inspections that paid $50 to you were for recently treated homes, and you were always assigned homes that were treated a long time ago.

Advice to Management

It has been a while and maybe actual pay has been brought into line with promised pay. Termite treatment crews should be paid more. They have the worst job, crawling around in muddy crawl spaces, drilling in confined spaces, and having to follow to the letter all the rules and regulations concerning the chemicals they use.

2. Good learning experience.

Former Employee - Home Sales Inspector in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Home Sales Inspector in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

Good Benefits and training, good comraderie between management and employees.

Cons

Dirty, and very hot job.