There are newer employer reviews for Orkin

Overall...four stars

Former Employee - Commercial Account Manager
Former Employee - Commercial Account Manager

I worked at Orkin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interview Process....very professional! Training...from beginning through employment...Exceptional

Cons

All levels and branches of management need better communication. Their division was well noticeable after initial investment of my time.

Top management....implement a training program and introduction program that brings management from all levels and branches together and on the same page....if you do this it will be as impeccable as all other training you provide...and your across the board numbers that grade all areas....from employee retention to new and renewing sales... will complement very well.

77 Other Employee Reviews for Orkin (View Most Recent)

Great Company and benefits you get what you put into it

Current Employee - Pest Control Technician  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at Orkin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great incentives and bonus, good branch's are family oriented with long term employees, advancement in the company is there, training is over the top, paid holidays and vacation, like owning your own business if you have a route.

Cons

The company makes a lot of money and you get the scraps.

Stop hiring non experienced people to put in the industry.

Jealousy

Former Employee - Lead Customer Service Representative  in  Christiansted, VI
    Former Employee - Lead Customer Service Representative in Christiansted, VI

I worked at Orkin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Worked alone 90% of the time, other 10% I had to deal with idiots in person, manager.

Cons

My Manager was not smart enough to negotiate his salary when he was put in his position and I made more money than he did by a couple thousand a year. I also knew more about the job and his as well. Being belittled and made to feel guilty about my income is a sever no no. This company also encourages white collar crime by taking money from accounts and applying them to other accounts. I was also told to do and expense report in my name to cover the borrowing from other accounts and then pay it back.

Pay attention to your new untrained managers and do audits more frequently.

There are newer employer reviews for Orkin

Worked for Orkin? Contribute to the Community!