Orkin

www.orkin.com
  www.orkin.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orkin

My experience at Orkin was great until we switched divisions and all opportunity for advancement went away.

Former Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Commercial Account Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Orkin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relationships at branch level are awesome. Most of the Branch managers really care about developing their people. The training you get when youfirststart and the ongoing training opportunities are second to none.

Cons

Decisions on promotions have no rhyme or reason. They create positions for some people over one department and then give them a department they know nothing about without even considering how the Senior person who is more than qualified will react.

This advice is to upper management at division level. When most of your staff in all of your branches continue to shut down and appear unhappy, it is time to take a look at what you are doing wron

86 Other Employee Reviews for Orkin (View Most Recent)

Excellent

Current Employee - Sales Inspector
    Current Employee - Sales Inspector

I have been working at Orkin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good position if you can be self motivated and be self disciplined. If you need constant hand holding look elsewhere.

Cons

A lot depends on the quality and personalities of the branch mgr, service mgr, and office mgr. These three positions can make or break your enjoyment.

We want the public to better know that Orkin is very diverse in our services.

New to the company...

Current Employee - Termite Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Termite Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Orkin full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great training program. Lots of overtime.

Cons

Employee pays for uniforms, tools, truck use and more. Low pay scale. Lots of overtime.

For goodness sakes give a little more to your employees. The result will come back to you tenfold.

There are newer employer reviews for Orkin