Orlando Health

www.orlandohealth.com

Proud of care that myself and co-workers gave

Current Employee - Registered Nurse II  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Registered Nurse II in Orlando, FL

Pros

Corporate culture that cared about quality of patient care and patient satisfaction
accessable leadership
Opportunity for career growth
Great nurses

Cons

Can not think of any "cons" that are unique to ORH and can not be found in healthcare/nursing in general.

I submit that a balanced budget is important - without it we lose healthcare jobs for employees and services for patients, however sending nurses home when the cenus drops for a couple hours or cancelling nurses scheduled shifts so they do not reach ovetime hours when the nurse worked on day off earlier in the week to help cover a shortage frustrates nurses and makes them feel their efforts are unappreciated. The amount of money you save does not justify the loyality and job satisfaction you loose. Nursing retention is and should be a priority for all healthcare systems.

Other reviews for Orlando Health

It wasn't terrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

The benefits and training were decent, as was the potential for advancement in the company. My department did function like a team in some respects, which was appreciated.

Cons

The salary offered was quite low, compared to other offers I received, The work environment was excessively negative at times, although this may just have been the department in which I worked, other departments did not seem quite so negative. The work-life balance was rather poor as well. Numerous mistakes were made by other departments that I, or my co-workers, had to rectify; communication and quality control could be improved.

Treated unfairly

Former Employee - Manager  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Orlando, FL

Pros

Large Organization which should allow you room for growth

Cons

Lost focus over years for caring not only for their patients but for the people who care for their Patients(i.e. Employees)

Don't treat the people that make your business poorly. I have been at some companies where the slogan was they believe in treating their staff better than their customers because they felt utilimatley they would treat their customers great.

There are newer employer reviews for Orlando Health.

Worked for Orlando Health? Contribute to the Community!