Orlando Magic

www.nba.com
  www.nba.com
There are newer employer reviews for Orlando Magic

Excellent, should have never left!

I worked at Orlando Magic full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Perfect work environment. Great benefits and compensation packages.

Cons

Some of leadership have been in roles for a very long time, which can be good and bad.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Orlando Magic (View Most Recent)

They have no idea what they're doing.

Former Employee - Ticket Sales in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Ticket Sales in Orlando, FL

I worked at Orlando Magic full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Who wouldn't want to work for an NBA team? Games are fun, but you don't just work for 41 days per year (41 home games per season). I enjoyed working with individuals in other departments and met some good people here.. and the perks were great, even if the pay was very marginal.

Cons

Outside of working at games, this place is miserable. Management did an overhaul during my time with the Magic, and the sales team took a turn for the worse. They lack the necessary experience that someone in their roles need; managers have very limited actual sales experience.. and it shows.
    If you know anything about ticket sales, you know that there is a component of luck involved. At the Orlando Magic, this creates a very "backstabbing" mentality where no one supports each other. Competition is one thing, but the amount of trash-talking that goes on at this company is beyond measure. The majority of the sales department employees at the Magic are good people, but they are unimaginative and extremely lacking in social skills.. Sales Managers and Directors at the Magic are inherently incompetent. The sales representatives team is a revolving door - it gets cleaned out every 12-18 months, and they bring in new people. If you can overlook this, and manage to skate by on a minimum-wage salary (barring any rare large sales), then this is the place for you.

Try actually being open to new ideas.. Be educated. Be active in the market, and know the "how" and "why" behind sales - don't just look at the numbers.

Legendary employee satosfaction!

Current Employee - Premium Team in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Premium Team in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Orlando Magic part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's been great working with the Orlando Magic. There is a feeling of family & togetherness as we strive to produce the BEST experience for our clients and fans.

Cons

Because we work in a building owned by the City, we sometimes don't get issues addressed quickly regarding building maintenance. I would love to see that sped up so we can continue to offer the quality experience that our customers demand.

Fix the things that aren't up to snuff regarding the building before the season opens. I'll be glad to help!

There are newer employer reviews for Orlando Magic