There are newer employer reviews for Ormco

Awful management who seem to gain joy from making others suffer while passing the buck on any of their shortcomings.

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer
Former Employee - Product Development Engineer

I worked at Ormco

Pros

Range of projects that one is given, the chance to interface directly with customers and mostly good co-workers are all pluses.

Cons

No opportunities for advancement. Public humiliation at the hands of superiors when a mistake is made. Management is rife with conflicts of interest and cronyism that wouldn't be tolerated at any other place. Having to beg for time off, even if hours are going to expire due to the cap. Finally, zero communication or commitment to personal development from management. 90% turn over in the group every two years.

The management seriously needs to communicate, value its employees, take some serious ethics courses and anger management classes. More necessary, management should just be bounced out of there and Ormco should start from scratch.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Ormco (View Most Recent)

Great emerging company

I have been working at Ormco

Pros

Speciality market. Great opportunity if you spend a couple years working in your territory.

Cons

communication and delivery on certain aspects is slow. compensation and plan build is iffy.

Thanks for putting out high quality innovative products each year for us to sell.

Inside Sales jobs are a rip off

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Ormco for more than a year

Pros

They offer a great product to orthodontia. I believe the best on the market for patients. Very innovative, high quality control, and lots of choices. Good training on technical issues.

Cons

Management has become focused on numbers and reports. Not depth of understanding what the dentists are telling the sales staff. I worked on an inside sales position servicing General Dentists. We were all misclassified as overtime exempt. With all the processes we covered besides sales, my hours were typically 60 hours a week. Benefits were good. Compensation terrible. Based salary is twice minimum wage with commissions only 1% of what is shipped. That violates the CA law for the inside sales exemption from overtime.

Despite your Voice of the Customer surveys, you are not in touch with the dentists comments to sales people. They are in need of more training, better discounts, and better technical resources. Share more of your profits with the people who make you successful. Compared to other technical sales jobs, you pay 1/3 of the compensation.

There are newer employer reviews for Ormco

Worked for Ormco? Contribute to the Community!