Orrick

One disappointed employee

Former Employee - Legal Secretary
Former Employee - Legal Secretary

I worked at Orrick

Pros

Benefits are great. My assignments are great to work with. My coworkers are also great.

Cons

Management doesn't listen. There is too much bureacracy and management needs to listen to "staff" needs, and not just "lawyers."

See downsides.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Orrick (View Most Recent)

The real deal

Former Employee - Paralegal in Menlo Park, CA
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Orrick

Pros

Firm name recognition for lateral moves to another firm. Benefits.

Cons

No real leadership. Firm lacks individuals who understand a team concept. Others in management seem not as helpful when a tight deadline is looming. Employee morale always seemed low and there was too much micromanaging without a true mentoring. Mentoring and refrain from all the negative chit chat about this lawyer or the next lawyer. Hold people accountable, even upper management.

Keep your ears open and act when there is incompetence. Don't let people stay on at the firm who have a problem with fostering a team atmosphere. Stop being afraid to delegate.

Looks good on the outside, not so great on the inside

Current Employee - Paralegal
    Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Orrick full-time

Pros

Good benefits and Orrick contributes a good percentage to your 401k every year.

Cons

The culture is one that only caters to the partners and attorneys. The staff are on the lowest tier and do not get the best treatment. There is a clear divide amongst the different levels of partners, attorneys and staff. There is not a lot of mingling between attorneys and staff and not the most welcoming place to work. Also, Orrick promotes work/life balance but that does not apply to the staff, only attorneys.

It would be nice if the upper management took more interest in the staff and were more appreciative of them. Paralegals are money makers for the firm because we bill and account our hours in the same way as the attorneys, but we are not treated as nicely.

There are newer employer reviews for Orrick