Orscheln Farm and Home

www.orschelnfarmhome.com

Not as advertised, but great rural base of customers and great products.

Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsTakes little agricultural experience to get the job, but it sure helps to do your job. Great pay for someone out of college with an ag degree...especially nowadays.

ConsNot a "family-oriented" workplace as they advertise. Be prepared to work Thanksgiving Day and Easter. You'd better be willing to relocate. There are a lot of great managers and regional managers, but definitely a disconnect with corporate. If you work their "ideal" manager schedule, you'll rarely get two days off in a row.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop advertising yourself as a "family-oriented" workplace when you are clearly not. Also, is it so difficult to smile and be friendly to those at the regional and store level; instead of just try to scare the heck out of everyone.

A great company to work for.

Associate Store Manager (Former Employee) Moberly, MO

I worked at Orscheln Farm and Home full-time for more than a year

Pros: If you enjoy customer service and meeting people, this company's… Cons: Lower pay and physically demanding job. Advice to Senior Management: Managers do not always tell the truth. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Flora, IL

I worked at Orscheln Farm and Home part-time for less than a year

Pros: I can't think of one pro. Cons: The job is BORING. Very few customers. Management doesn't let employees be creative or listen to new ideas. No… Advice to Senior Management: Allow your employees to feel like part of a team. Allow them to be creative with displays and expect them to do their job… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Orscheln Farm and Home.

Worked for Orscheln Farm and Home? Contribute to the Community!