There are newer employer reviews for Orthofix

Managers set an awesome learning environment for interns

Former Intern - Engineering Intern
Former Intern - Engineering Intern

I worked at Orthofix as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

My manager was very responsive in allowing me to learn and do as much as I could to maximize my internship experience. I was able to experience all aspects of the spine industry. This internship allowed me to be creative and set me up for future opportunities.

Cons

I was focused on my work the entire time that I did not have any cons.

Keep up the good work. This internship program helped me experience the Biomedical industry.

reviews filtered by
  1. New management is devaluing company.

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Orthofix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great products.
    Biologics are cutting edge and gold standard.
    External fixation is top of the line.
    Internal fixation is where the company is growing and very promising.
    Bone stimulators have highest success rates on market.

Cons

Have treated excellent and loyal employees poorly.
    Will cut pay and increase responsibilities without thinking twice.
    Have already cut personnel numbers significantly.
    Going to a distributorship model spread thin, losing quality of customer service and losing valuable motivated direct sales personnel.
    Ruined the ATM model, where they were compensated decently to be a valuable adjunct sales force and groomed to be more than ready TM's in the future. The way the model is now, they are trying to get a much lower caliber sales reps for less pay.

Reevaluate what you are doing going to a distributorship model. You getting less motivation to sell our niche products from people who are carrying a large bag. If you are going to go that direction, at least choose distributorships where their bag complements our products... not a completely different sell that takes up much of their time. Treat your top performing reps well, and for heaven's sake, please take accountability for all the bad decision making in the past (the way people were let go, the way people were trained, ect) and do not take that out on your current reps. They are here because they did the right thing the whole time, and they have been outstanding performers until corporate handled things poorly.

2. Read between the lines.

I have been working at Orthofix

Pros

Good pay
    Decent perks
    Decent peers
    Free coffee
    Large break room
    Easy job

Cons

Ill equipped management, lower level, middle level all the way up
    Lack of leadership/delegation = blame game and unfair practices (almost weekly)
    If you're an intelligent human being, you're a threat to those that have ridden the coattails of their predecessors

Your employees, coemployees are the voices you ought to heed. They are there for you, to aid you in becoming better and they sometimes see potential you cannot see because you're (some of you) are too involved in your titles rather than where the company is headed as a whole. Don't become so closed minded and be threatened by high potential employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Orthofix